The old Waters Garage site sandwiched between Gascoyne Way and North Road is being redeveloped. The second photograph shows the site redeveloped (January 2022.) The development has maintained the exterior shape of the 20th century building even though much of the original was replaced.
In the early part of the 20th Century it was the site of North Crescent Motor Works. The first photograph was taken from a Norris & Duval sale document of 1923. The design of the building has been retained, including the first floor showroom, in the redevelopment!
Elsden’s photographic studio is the the building to the side of the motor works and further on is Ebenezer Baptist Chapel. To the east of the chapel was where Hertingfordbury Road and North Road joined and St Andrew Street started. The chapel was knocked down when Gascoyne Way was built.