The old Waters Garage site sandwiched between Gascoyne Way and North Road is being redeveloped.
In the early part of the 20th Century it was the site of North Crescent Motor Works. This photograph was taken from a Norris & Duval sale document of 1923.
Elsden’s photographic studio is the the building to the side of the motor works and further on is Ebenezer Baptist Chapel. To the east of the chapel was where Hertingfordbury Road and North Road joined and St Andrew Street started. The chapel was knocked down when Gascoyne Way was built.