From Bengeo Parish Magazine, November 1937
ST. LEONARD’S CHURCH
The work in connection with the Restoration of Roof Timbers and other parts of the Church, mentioned in last months MAGAZINE, is to be commenced at an early date, possibly before the end of October. Estimates have been obtained, and the Standing Committee have asked the architect, Mr. W. Weir, to instruct Messrs. Henry Norris & Son, to proceed with the matter with as little delay as possible. The Appeal Committee has held two Meetings, and an Illustrated Appeal leaflet will be issued at about the time of the publication of this MAGAZINE.
Should any friends wish to visit and inspect the Church they will be able to obtain the keys from Mrs. Hart, 2 New Cottages, near the Church.