From Bengeo Parish Church Magazine, August, 1937
PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING.
The above meeting was held on July 8th, when twenty-two members attended out of a possible twenty-seven; the twenty-two were made up of the following:-Mr. Simmonds (Chairman); Mesdames Purkiss-Ginn, Norman, Simmonds; the Misses Brown, Campkin, Taylor, Sears, Watts; Captain Oldroyd , C.A.; Major Temple; Messrs. Blakeley, Brown, Cadle, Clark, Jackson, Norris, Nicholls, Onyon, Pomfret, Slessor and Townsend. The meeting opened with a prayer, and the minutes of the April meeting were read and confirmed. The Rector and Mrs. Oliver sent their apologies for being unable to attend the meeting.
ST. LEONARD’S CHURCH
It was reported that about 20 chairs already promised; the meeting confirmed the action of the Standing Committee. Mrs. Purkiss Ginn informed the meeting that Mr. Purkiss Ginn had been in communication with the St. Albans Diocesan Board and that the chairs could be purchased from them at 4s 10d each less 2½ percent for cash and after some discussion the meeting agreed that the order of the chairs should be given at once.
ST LEONARD’S REFURBISHMENT FUND
The proprietors of the “Daily Mirror” have recognised the St. Leonard’s Fund as a charity for the purpose of their coupon scheme. If those who take this paper will save their coupons arrangements will be made to collect them for this object.