Trinity Farm was built in the 1850s and stood where the houses on Fanhams Hall Road are today. It was originally called Trinity College Farm as Henry VIII gave the land to Trinity College in Cambridge in the 16th century.
From c1881 to c1896 it was run by Thomas Hankin and his wife Julia and was described as having 60 acres. William Gray took over c1898 and then Charles Westbrook in 1913. There are no photographs at Hertfordshire Archives but according to the 1911 census it had 7 rooms.
Arthur Hankin ran it from 1925 to 1948, then Charles and Ruby Pilgrim to c1960 when it was demolished.
Trinity School (first known as Ware C of E Secondary Modern School) opened on the site of the farm in 1961. It was built by Ekins Ltd of Hertford and the architect was Phyllis Whitson.
The Headmaster was Mr Wilfred Braybrooke, who carried on his role from the previous school at Christchurch in Bowling Road. He retired in 1967 and died in 1979. Mr P Crofts was head in 1981.
The school was in use for 25 years and closed in June 1985. Pupils were sent to Fanshawe Secondary School in Park Road and the amalgamated school was re-named Chauncy.
The building continued to be used by Hertfordshire County Council until it was sold to developers for housing and a care home.