Morgans Primary School
Morgan's Walk JMI School was opened in April, 1950 to help relieve the pressure on school places for 5 to 11 years old children in Hertford. It had five classrooms for juniors and three for infants.
Interestingly in March 1939 the County Council, seeing a need, had approving the purchase of 15 acres of the Brickendonbury Estate for the provision of elementary school accommodation.
By the early '60s there were enough children on the south side of Hertford for a separate infant school, so Chalk Dell Infant School was built on the other side of the site.
In July, 1992, Mr. John Stinton who had been head of Morgan's Walk since 1966 retired and in January, 1993, Morgan's Walk and Chalk Dell were merged into one school called Morgans JMI.
The school is now called Morgan's Primary School and Nursery.
A book containing "Memories by the Head Teacher, Mr. John Stinton and other members of staff" is available from the school.